Finally, an Etruck!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There is another American truck coming online. This pickup is designed for the commercial market. They say they have over 16,000 pre-orders. It's designed to scale and will have dual-wheel and tandem axle options. With 4 independent motors AWD, this could be the beast to beat. Battery packs afford 300-500 mile range. Starting at $45K. And it actually looks like a work truck. The XP platform is interesting too. It would make a heckuva foundation for an off-road RV.

https://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/xt-truck
Now that looks promising...

I actually kind of like the design language used for the Tesla truck. If it was done right it could be really cool. Unfortunately it was not done right. The proportions are just totally wrong. I like that they are pushing the envelope of what a truck can be but there are certain proportional standards that if not followed the design just looks wrong. And this one does.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I'm not convinced the body is dictated by the drivetrain. There have been plenty of RWD vehicles that were not pickups.

Well, here are a couple more options...

Maybe for filling tires or building bird houses, but you won't be building houses with it.
Have they posted the CFM/pressure ratings? I've searched, but haven't found the numbers.

Wait until summer when Elon meets Chevy Chase.
musk car.jpg

Back to the Cybertruck. Does anyone have dimensions for this beast? It looks huge. Not something one is going to want to park at the grocery store.
Prototype is 244 inch length. Tesla proposed 231.7 finished length;
Elon tweeted a possibility of shortening of 6 inches and reducing width by 1 inch.
Plenty of size info here;
actual-length.179122
elon-we-can-reduce-the-length-6-inches.176666
Yes, I'm Coaly there as well ;em .

Looks like without compromising interior or bed size, the only feasible place to cut is under dash where there is a possibility of full size spare storage. They are trying to stay within specs of the F150, beating most of them with the same size constraints easily.

My concern before plunking down my $100 deposit is the material of the pan (skateboard?) or chassis/battery holder underneath. Every truck I have scrapped was done so in good running condition, road worthy except for frame rot or crossmembers rusting away. That was the reason for going with a Land Rover in 2000, and using a trailer when I need a truck, which like any other.... has frame issues now with the body and mechanicals excellent. If someone can make a rust resistant undercarriage I don't care what the top looks like. I have gotten used to a 6 foot bed, simply load longer material with gate open, and ladder racks on a cap for ladders and long items. This thing will need a wedge shape cap or rack to bring the top level for extension ladders and long items.

Last edited: