Finally coughed up...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
Pretty much the splitter I have been using since 1988. It'l get'er done.

Dang, around here you can't find one for much less than a grand. I just got a brand new 22t huskee for 950 when I can't get a used one for less than a grand...

For whatever reason, splitters seem to demand resale. If I bought a $400 lawnmower at Home Depot and drive it to a yard sale, I'd be lucky to get $50 for it. but a $900 splitter can demand $500-600 after 20 years!

Reactions: Highbeam
Congrats buddy. Is this from the guy you were talking about? Did you have to give him $600 AND your firstborn.

Congrats buddy. Is this from the guy you were talking about? Did you have to give him $600 AND your firstborn.

He tried for the firstborn, but was swayed by the smell of Benjamins in close proximity.

Reactions: D8Chumley
For whatever reason, splitters seem to demand resale. If I bought a $400 lawnmower at Home Depot and drive it to a yard sale, I'd be lucky to get $50 for it. but a $900 splitter can demand $500-600 after 20 years!

"Demand resale", that's a good thing, your pretty much using it for free.----- All you guys on the side lines, there's not a better argument to present to the beautiful little lady of the house.

I'm glad to see it goes vertical, all you need now is a Milk Crate.

I'm glad to see it goes vertical, all you need now is a Milk Crate.

I have a very special milk crate with cushion ready for this coming weekend... ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.