FINALLY finished pictures above doorway fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
sorry took a while to post but wife said its been a month now so please finish it

fans are rated at 110 cfm and ONLY 19 DBA you cannot hear them running i planned on putting 4 in each one but wanted to see how it felt

Attachments

• FINALLY finished pictures above doorway fans
    fanbox.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 835
    fanchoice.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 793
    fansclose.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 863
    fansapart.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 865
    openblack.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 832
I have a door header that I have need to do that to for years. Always been concerned that I would find a mess of two by fours behind the sheetrock since it is the center support of the two story house.

ot was a clean cut only one 2x4 going up in the middle held in with one nail lol

BrotherBart said:
I have a door header that I have need to do that to for years. Always been concerned that I would find a mess of two by fours behind the sheetrock since it is the center support of the two story house.

Hopefully you find more than just 2x4's as headers for a support wall. I spent some time fixing messes that home owners created by cutting out headers, beams, support walls and such in the name of remodeling.

ive seen that to then they wonder why walls buckle and stuff

Cool, or rather hot! Can you hook them up to the home theater system so the lights pulse with the base?

How much are they?

i planned on putting 4 in each one but wanted to see how it felt

Looks good. I like how you did the grates above the frame. So how are they working out with heat transfer? Are you going to continue and put in 4 each?

Mad Tom said:
BrotherBart said:

Hopefully you find more than just 2x4's as headers for a support wall. I spent some time fixing messes that home owners created by cutting out headers, beams, support walls and such in the name of remodeling.

I know. There are enough nail pops from the house settling on both floors along that center support wall to just keep me looking longingly at that header and not cutting anything. There is enough crap in the basement without piling the rest of the house in on top of it.

well its the first night

i had a honeywell 7" twin window fan that was working nicely while i was working on this (just hung it in the opening and put a screw in it BUT i am having a VERY hard time to see what that was rated CFM wise so i have a # to base this off of IF YOU CAN HELP THANKS

so far its good i will see as the days go on and all

i think i paid 18.00 each

yup the grates are part of the frame 2 screws and it comes off to clean inside or make changes

so far so good plus the blue acts like a night light

I know this thread has been cold for awhile. But I wondered if I could mount those fans into the wall on the floor?

Right now as a short term solution i am going for door fans, but would want to switch to cold air into hot room in the long run.

Thanks.

I did about the same thing you are thinking about with wood stove. I used a 60 cfm bath room fan. I used a cabinet to mount the fan at floor level and ran a 3 inch aluminum dryer duct. It works good. The only draw back the fan is noisy. Its located at the back of the house. that way only 3 inch hole threw the wall Still using the same set up on the gas stove with no blower option for stove.

I think the fans at floor level blowing the colder air into the stove room is the way I would go.

+1 Good to hear this is working well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.