Finally fixed my 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
I have been trying to get it running for several years. I got it from a saw shop where it was traded in (burned up) and rebuilt improperly. I tore it down, ported it and it had an air leak. Tore it down a second time and it still had an air leak. I tore it down a third time and checked everything with a fine tooth comb. The lower case was warped under the right bearing, so it never sealed. I bought a new case and bearings and then it got put on a back burner for a few years. I woke up today and it was weighing on my mind, so I dug out the box of parts and put it together.

I ran a tank through it and it runs nice and strong. I cut some basswood, pine, and oak. It's nice to have a lighter saw than my ms390.

Reactions: duramaxman05
It's always good to start and run one after a full rebuild like that. Sometimes I get a little nervous when I first start an engine I rebuilt. But so far so good.

Reactions: Isaac Carlson
Sounds like it's turning 12-13k under moderate pressure in the cut. This chain is "out of the box" and has some hook. It's a little grabby. I expect it to smooth out after the first sharpening.

The saw seems to be settling down and breaking in nicely. The tune changed quite a bit on the first two tanks and is now holding about the same. The ring will take a little time to seat, since it was used in another saw.

Here is a quick video.