Finally needed brakes at 156,000 miles.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Yep. No joke. here's a pic of the original (from the factory) front pads on the Honda. Surprisingly the rear wore down a little faster than the front. The back pads are baby ones compared to the front, but I still have never seen a car go so long on original pads.

Attachments

• 1127101254 (Small).jpg
    1127101254 (Small).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 443
I take it you don't do much towing with the Honda. :lol:

That's amazing! Is the car used for highway use only?

Matt

flatlander :p

Going that far on a set of brakes probably says more about the driver than the car.

130,000+ on my 1991 Jeep Comanche pickup that I use for wood deliveries and hauling my ATV. 4cyl, 4 speed manual transmission. I bought the truck new. Haven't touched the front pads or rear shoes...........yet!

rear disc brakes. My mom drove a lot of miles with it before we bought it off of her. She drives like an old lady. My wife drives hard: accelerate hard, brake hard. I'll probably be doing this again in 30-50,000 miles now.

Just trying to get it all prepped for the winter. We are heading to Colorado on Friday, too. wanted to ready for that.

quads said:
130,000+ on my 1991 Jeep Comanche pickup that I use for wood deliveries and hauling my ATV. 4cyl, 4 speed manual transmission. I bought the truck new. Haven't touched the front pads or rear shoes...........yet!

still have quite few miles left. your only half way thru the calipers :p

just pullin your leg.

I have 135k on my xterra brakes. Its amazing.

fbelec said:
quads said:

still have quite few miles left. your only half way thru the calipers :p

just pullin your leg.
You could be right! HA!

fbelec said:
Jack Straw said:
Going that far on a set of brakes probably says more about the driver than the car.

+1

What they said.

I got just over 90,000 out of the original front brakes on my '06 Ford Focus. The rears were still good.

my dodge has 174,000 miles still has original rear pads
fronts were replaced at 140,000
I drive like an old lady

Had to do front wheel bearings on my Silverado this past fall, pulled the front wheels off and was shocked when I checked the pads. Selling dealer threw on new rotors and pads on all 4 corners when i bought it at 91,000 miles, now with 135,000 the front pads look to be just barely bedded in. There is a solid half inch or more of material on all 4 front pads still...I've never seen anythnig like it.

ironpony said:
my dodge has 174,000 miles still has original rear pads
fronts were replaced at 140,000
I drive like an old lady

Driving like that helps a bunch- so would downshifting to slow yourself (which, while fun, is supposed to be bad for your clutch/transmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.