Finally, The PE Up & Running....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Broken door glass. Replaced.

New door handle. Replaced.

Door glass & door gaskets. Replaced

New fan motor assy & AC cord. Replaced.

Cruising @ 450F right now :)

My world is good !!

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: billb3 and jatoxico
Old Man Sam found it lickety split ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 155
Had first small fire of season last night but I don't live in the hollow! Good work getting that unit ship shape.

Reactions: Dix
Had first small fire of season last night but I don't live in the hollow! Good work getting that unit ship shape.

I'm ready to cruise :)

That's a whole lotta maintenance. Well done.
But, I see all those runs stains on the upper lip. You're going to lose your card if you don't clean that thing up! ;-)

On a serious note, be careful the bottoms of the side shrouds don't dig/cut in to the power cord insulation or deeper.

That's a whole lotta maintenance. Well done.
But, I see all those runs stains on the upper lip. You're going to lose your card if you don't clean that thing up! ;-)

On a serious note, be careful the bottoms of the side shrouds don't dig/cut in to the power cord insulation or deeper.

The side shrouds did that already, hence new fan assy & cord :mad:

I'll get to the upper lip, it's on my list !

Well tuck
The side shrouds did that already, hence new fan assy & cord :mad:

I'll get to the upper lip, it's on my list !
Well tuck the cord behind the shroud where it belongs so you ain't having to buy another fan assy. I'm going to keep my eye on the upper lip ;-)

@Hogwild , I've tried to clean it. Not having a ton of luck.

Caused by a cast iron pot, on a trivet, trying to get moisture in the house (I know, I know) that boiled over.

Thoughts on how to proceed?

I'd wire brush it, then hit it with whatever stove paint the factory uses. Manufacturer should be able to tell you that.

I think my can of Stove Brite is going to last about as long as my stove at the rate I am going. :)

• Haha
@Hogwild , I've tried to clean it. Not having a ton of luck.

Caused by a cast iron pot, on a trivet, trying to get moisture in the house (I know, I know) that boiled over.

Thoughts on how to proceed?
Stove bright paint. A light coat will make it good as new

Well, that won't be happening in the next few weeks ;)