Find me a better rock guitar solo - you can't!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have jersey and texas humor too, as well as Jags and Fossils free sarcasm services.
You left out BBarts one liners, and Begreens 40,000 Post's of wisdom

Oh man, Bart, I've studied this tune. It is kind of a mini-Free Bird nestled inside what seems like a 3:30 pop song. The sequence is IMPOSSIBLE to fudge your way through. Everything only happens once and they really made it detailed. I do like playing the solo - lot's of fun to ham up, and actually a tad easier to do those hammer-ons if the band has sped up.

Those guys had a great sound, great songs, and a cool look. Good, Girls Don't!!

Another tune that'll get you every time is Zep's Livin', Lovin' Maid. Hum along, no prob. Try to play along, guaranteed face plant. Not Robert Plant, just a face plant.

Anyone remember these guys (1981) I havent heard this song for a good 20 -25 years. A one hit wonder band but one of my favorite songs of the time.

This was jukebox anthem for years!! I just got a flash of a humid, sweaty club with this tune blasting along.

Not rock but one of my favorites:

Reactions: Soundchasm
how bout we mix it up a bit and add....a keyboard solo. Mr Rick Wakeman, sporting masterful 80's mullet and attire. I got this concert on CD back in the day and always figured he had most of it programmed on midi...but no. he's just that good. I've seen him a few times with Yes, when he's not kicked out the band for eating meat, or drinking beers. He's a monster, and can also be heard on Cat Stevens songs....he so sneaky.

Not rock but one of my favorites:

Clapton's hero! And in the words of Firesign Theater, back when "men were men and sheep were nervous". Due to video resolution I can't be sure, but I have a friend who owns FK's main guitar. Think it was a walnut finish, and my friend showed me vids where it got wear marks over they years. It was clearly the same guitar. So I might have played that one!!

how bout we mix it up a bit and add....a keyboard solo. Mr Rick Wakeman, sporting masterful 80's mullet and attire. I got this concert on CD back in the day and always figured he had most of it programmed on midi...but no. he's just that good. I've seen him a few times with Yes, when he's not kicked out the band for eating meat, or drinking beers. He's a monster, and can also be heard on Cat Stevens songs....he so sneaky.

Did you know it was Wakeman on T-Rex's Bang A Gong? They bumped into each other the day of the session and Wakeman needed to make rent. He even showed up on the British Top Gear. I think his lap time beat "Blind Man".

Clapton's hero! And in the words of Firesign Theater, back when "men were men and sheep were nervous". Due to video resolution I can't be sure, but I have a friend who owns FK's main guitar. Think it was a walnut finish, and my friend showed me vids where it got wear marks over they years. It was clearly the same guitar. So I might have played that one!!

Also a huge influence on the Vaughans.

I believe a stronger influence on Stevie was Albert King. Oh heck, all the three kings - they are hands down great!

This is my current favorite. Ignore the video.

Anyone remember these guys (1981) I havent heard this song for a good 20 -25 years. A one hit wonder band but one of my favorite songs of the time.

Its actually "this guy". I believe he played all the instruments but drums on the record.

Ruyter Suys - good guitarist, and she makes my tongue sweat

She reminds me of the guy from AC/DC. I can't think of his name. The one that wears the knickers.

Call it blues or whatever you like, but Freddie King rocks.

And, any music thread that does not mention the Eagles is A OK by me.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Status
Not open for further replies.