Finished cedar woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ValleyCottageSplitter

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2016
Rockland Co, NY
Looks like the shed thread is closed. Guess I'll just have to post here.

Finished a small shed from some plans I found online. I added about 2' in height and enlarged the roof. I also finished it with shingles that match the house. If fully filled on the ends it holds 65cu ft (1/2 cord). I figure I will use it for faster seasoning during the summer and then a house-prep storage in the winter. I have 6 pallets to fill in the woods for preemptive stove fuel but the shed will be enough for light fireplace use.

Currently it's filled with the remains from the season. The left side has shagbark covered with BL, middle is red maple, right is cottonwood. It's been tediously picked of the most seasoned stuff. I just found out most of the locust is 25-30% MC after re-splitting even though the rounds had been sitting for 5 years. No wonder it was a little lifeless in the firebox.

Attachments

• 20170322_191807.jpg
    20170322_191807.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 20170322_191833.jpg
    20170322_191833.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 397
Very nice!

Looks good...now you can come to my place and... ;)

Reactions: BrotherBart