Finished hearth for Progress Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts is that there will always be folks who like to go against the grain no matter what and that will not change.

I wouldn't say Im going against the grain, but we can agree to disagree my friend. I also understand what you are saying about why take the risk, but I just dont see there being one.

Reactions: NectarNook
Great looking hearth! If you don't mind, did you use a tool to build that nifty blueprint? If so, what tool was it?

You mean our floor plans? That was made with Google Sketchup. It's a free program that we've used to build our entire house, chicken coop, and some other smaller projects like getting a layout of the land. It's easy to use if you watch a couple starter videos on youtube.

Here are a few things we've done with it: The Evolution of Design

Reactions: 7acres
After a full season of burning, we finally had the chimney swept. We got enough creosote to barely fill a thimble. I'm pretty impressed. The stack is clean, and after a quick wipe down the stove looks brand new.

Still very much in love with this stove. I almost can't wait for cooler weather so I can light it up again. :)
WOW....that's not much creosote. I got about 1/2 gallon after a full season in my PH. The stove is truly amazing!

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Thimble full. Yeah. Uh huh.

Perhaps he meant a wall thimble full?;)

Thimble full. Yeah. Uh huh.

Bet if it was a Blaze King she was running you'd believe her. Couldn't have anything to do with the ads constantly running on the site, could it? Nah, I'm too cynical. ;)

I ain't buying a thimble full from a full burn season with any stove. She needs to get a better sweep. >>

Couldn't have anything to do with the ads constantly running on the site, could it?

The only thing that has anything to do with the sponsor's ads running on the site is the fact that we can keep this joint going since 1995 without charging for it. Used to be Woodstock ads all the time until they pulled their sponsorship.

The only thing that has anything to do with the sponsor's ads running on the site is the fact that we can keep this joint going since 1995 without charging for it. Used to be Woodstock ads all the time until they pulled their sponsorship.

Have to wonder why they pulled as it seems like they were getting their money's worth - lot of Woodstock fans around here.

Some fanboys spread some untrue rumors and folks believed them.

Last edited:
I wasn't kidding. He did a good job sweeping - I watched him do it and checked when he was done. And I'm a she, begreen.

Had our first burn the other day. Been firing it up overnight and letting it die down during the day. We've got more than enough wood for this year, so we've been working on finishing the next two year's worth. My husband is drawing up plans for a wood shed because the tarps we stretched over the wood pile this past winter got shredded in the wind and ice.

Next time we have it swept I'll have to video record it for proof. :p

I wasn't kidding. He did a good job sweeping - I watched him do it and checked when he was done. And I'm a she, begreen.

Had our first burn the other day. Been firing it up overnight and letting it die down during the day. We've got more than enough wood for this year, so we've been working on finishing the next two year's worth. My husband is drawing up plans for a wood shed because the tarps we stretched over the wood pile this past winter got shredded in the wind and ice.

Next time we have it swept I'll have to video record it for proof. :p
A lot of us believe you. Pay no attention to the naysayers.

Our first burn season with the ideal steel this year. I got a coffee can of creosote mixed with fly ash (rounded over) from our 26' stack. I hope the IS delivers similar performance here.

Brought in some wood and measured fresh splits today, 14 - 16% on six larger splits. Hopefully that will help the IS run very clean.

Our first burn season with the ideal steel this year. I got a coffee can of creosote mixed with fly ash (rounded over) from our 26' stack. I hope the IS delivers similar performance here.

Brought in some wood and measured fresh splits today, 14 - 16% on six larger splits. Hopefully that will help the IS run very clean.
Based on the reviews from Beta Testers on the other forum, I think you will be very pleased with the performance of the IS. And your really dry wood will make things even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.