Fire Brick fell out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0AXS

Burning Hunk
Feb 2, 2014
Nowthen, MN
One of my fire bricks fell out of place. Anyone have any tricks for getting it back in place other than just waiting for the stove to cool off? I have welding gloves, but they don't cover nearly enough of my arm to be able to reach all the way back there.

f52047f27cfef7db0a4b8badffac8b0b.jpg

Let it cool down. It's not worth risking catching your clothing on fire.

If ya can't stand to wait, sit the brick on your ash shovel, steady the brick with the poker and place it in front of the hole with the shovel and push it in with the poker.

Reactions: KD0AXS
^^^^^^That sounds like it would work ^^^^^

Gotta give BrotherBart credit for his working thinking cap.

If ya can't stand to wait, sit the brick on your ash shovel, steady the brick with the poker and place it in front of the hole with the shovel and push it in with the poker.
That actually worked great! Thanks for the idea!

==c

Status
Not open for further replies.