Fire Repose Pellet Basket - Anyone use them ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I was watchin the news this morning and they had a segment on a business that makes a log sized basket for burning pellets like a log in a campfire or stove. Its basically made out of stainless steel wire mess with an open top and an air gap between the pellet basket and the outside of the unit. He claims that the basket lasts through hundreds of burn cycles. He claims he is the inventor but expect he is the inventor of one variation of the concept. Nevertheless maybe another partial solution for folks with less than seasoned firewood?

I am curious if anyone has used one?

I've heard of these but never seen one, but I also haven't heard anything good about them. Seems compressed wood bricks and logs are a better solution for wood stoves.

A few guys have tried it, you can probably find the threads with a search, if I remember correctly they burn fine but not long, I guess if you're home all day it would be ok,