Has Anyone Used a Pellet Basket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mtnhiker70

Jan 5, 2011
RI
We have only burned about a season on our ci2600 insert. We have absolutely no wood stockpiled. Husband is being very lazy. :(
Has anyone used a pellet basket in a regency insert?? I know the manufacturer says that you can't burn pellets in it, but I also know they are selling pellet basket and people are buying them. It's save me a lot of work if I could just buy pellets as needed. Of course we could buy cordwood. We bought 1 cord last fall and processed 1 cord last winter, but it was a lot of work, and I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the wood we bought.

Reactions: That's Right
We have only burned about a season on our ci2600 insert. We have absolutely no wood stockpiled. Husband is being very lazy. :(
Has anyone used a pellet basket in a regency insert?? I know the manufacturer says that you can't burn pellets in it, but I also know they are selling pellet basket and people are buying them. It's save me a lot of work if I could just buy pellets as needed. Of course we could buy cordwood. We bought 1 cord last fall and processed 1 cord last winter, but it was a lot of work, and I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the wood we bought.
Instead of pellets why not buy compressed wood blocks

It says not to use them in my manual. Have you used them in a regency insert?
I have not in an insert but have in my freestander and we have plenty of customers with inserts who have

Not a Regency or an insert but I burn in a pellet basket and also compressed wood bricks in my Englander 30-NC installed half in and half out of the fireplace. Have sometimes during the season for years.

Last edited:
Not a Regency or an insert but I burn in a pellet basket and also compressed wood brick in my Englander 30-NC. Have sometimes during the season for years.
What pellet basket do you use? I messed around with a couple and wasnt impressed

Don't remember where I got it. It isn't my favorite way to burn. And definitely not what to use to get a lot of heat. The bricks are great. Since I am getting too old and busted up for wood processing I am trying to find a fairly close source for the bricks in quantity.

Reactions: bholler
Don't remember where I got it. It isn't my favorite way to burn. And definitely not what to use to get a lot of heat. The bricks are great. Since I am getting too old and busted up for wood processing I am trying to find a fairly close source for the bricks in quantity.
I was just curious.