fire tubes in Lopi Revere?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fattyfat1

Nov 8, 2008
SW WASHINGTON
I cleaned out my stove tonight, took down the fire bricks, dumped the ash off them, then reinstalled. my fire tubes have one set of holes and they spin 360. should the holes face straight down? angled toward the front a bit? I honestly have not payed attention to this before. does it even matter? I would assume it does. :question:

If your stove is anything like the two I've owned there should be a hole in the very end that lines up with a hole in the part it slides into thats welded in the stove. You should have had to remove a screw or rivet from this hole to remove the tube. I believe there is a diagram in your manual in the maintinance section also. The position of these tubes is important to direct the flow of secondary air from what i understand.

On my RSF the holes all face toward the door at about 3:30 or 8:30 O'Clock depending how you look at it.

If I'm not mistaken, should be a cotter pin at one end. You may have lost it. Look for a hole at one end of the tube and its socket that matches.

Yep, towards the door. Mine is permanently missing a pin on the front tube and for some reason loves to face down and a little towards the back. It works fine like that too In my opinion.

madrone said:
If I'm not mistaken, should be a cotter pin at one end. You may have lost it. Look for a hole at one end of the tube and its socket that matches.

Yup, The little cotter pins have burned away. From my observations they are the little small ones about or less than 1/8 inch OD by 3/4 to 1 inch long and found at any auto parts store.

All mine fell out too. Every time you hit those tubs when there hot, you move them a little bit more. I just put new roll pins from HD for less then $1.00 I hope that helps

THANKS EVERYONE! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.