Firebox internal dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodlog

Dec 17, 2016
Northern Virginia
Hi, everyone.
I am new in this forum and need some help.
We are considering Cabello 1700, Boston 1700 or Jotul C 550 as my future wood insert.
There is only maximum log size and volume of firebox in specs but no internal dimensions.
I need it to determine which one would handle N/S loading more efficient. Can somebody provide internal dimensions of fireboxes of those wood inserts.
Thank you.

Go to the website for the companies and download the stove manuals. Look at the firebrick layout. A standard firebrick is 4.5 x 9". The layout should indicate firebox size. Of the two stoves mentioned the Jotul is an E/W loader and the Enviro has a squarish firebox for N/S or E/W loading.

Reactions: woodlog
Thank you begreen.
I found it. It looks like Boston and Cabello having the same firebox internal measurements (20.65" x 18.25") and they will be good for N/S as well as E/W loading.
You were right Jotul 550 is too narrow for N/S loading.
Thank you again.

Enviro makes great looking and performing stoves.

Unfortunately I can't find firebox internal dimensions for Regency CI2600/HI400 in there manual. I would like to compare there sizes with Boston and Cabello from Enviro to find out if I can load N/S.

nfortunately I can't find firebox internal dimensions for Regency CI2600/HI400 in there manual
Firebrick pattern says it all. This is an E/W loader.
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 6.42.02 PM.png

Thank you begreen for your reply.
My wife like those four inserts that I mention and I have to find which one has the biggest firebox and will handle decent size wood in W/E and N/S pattern. It sounds like I narrowed to Cabello 1700 and Boston 1700. Does Boston design has any performance advantages over Cabello ?

No, the difference is just the surround facade. The guts are the same. There's also the Venice in this group.

Begreen, I am lost :(
I just find out that there are catalytic and non-catalytic inserts. At first I was looking for inserts with large firebox that can be loaded N/S and W/E for convenience and long burn time. Cabello 1700 or Boston 1700 burn time 8-12 hours if to believe specifications. As I understand they are non-catalytic. Just wondering what is the average real burn time ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.