Firebrick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BP in ME

Nov 9, 2013
Hampden, ME
Good morning to all! I'm new here but not new to wood. I have a Q regarding the little Trailbazer Classic 1000 that was here when we moved in. Anyone have experience with one of these? It's not what I want in the house so it's headed out to the shop. Before using it, I want to set it up properly. A previous owner put a piece of grill rack in there for a grate (maybe to get it going easier?). It doesn't have an ash pan so I'm guessing the bottom should be lined with firebrick since there is space enough for two more bricks in the center. Am on the right track?

The manufacturer is out of biz so any help would be appreciated. If all else fails, I'll buy a manual online but my antivirus has freaked out when I tried to look at free versions.

I don't know much about this stove but suspect that you are right about it needed firebricks for the floor and sides+back. The rack definitely doesn't belong in there.

I have the Trail Blazer classic 1700 next size bigger. Yes. There is brick on the bottom and sides they were pumice, soft brick. The top smoke shelf has regular fire stove brick harder brick. I replaced all the soft brick with regular stove brick.(hard brick) they can be cut with manenery saw blade in a circular saw out side dust every ware. THERE IS NO GRATE. Just lay wood on bricks, You have to clean the ash with a shovel. Clean all ash before putting brick in so not to bind the brick,
They are a good stove, Put an elchepo oven thermometer on top of stove to monitor stove temputure , You can pick one up at the grocery store .

Good Luck Let us know how it turns out. If I can be of any other help just post or start convertion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.