Fired Back Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
Well, Friday night got home from work after freezing on the motorcycle and thought we need to get the insert going again. Burned all weekend ! They claim lows in the thirties this week so I see more fires this week. Thought the season might be over but........... . :lol:

For now, I will pay a few $$ for some electric heat in the AM. With this sun, the house is war by later in the day and into the evening. My wood burning days are done til next fall - except for the pit outside...

Hi -

I'm still burning every 2-3 days.

I met some new nieghbors who were walking down the street yesterday as I was in the process of splitting 3+ cords of Ash. I explained "We're campfire enthusiasts". Their daughters wanted to play on our Tire swing for I while so I explained further. In the end I got a referals for another Ash that is close and easy access.

I'll be happy to be pretty well done before hot weather.

Our stove too has been going quite steady but it won't be long now.

We gave spring amiss and went straight into summer, it would seem. Average highs for this time of year are 68-70F, but we've been up to 85F, and this week will be another week of 80-83F temps. Though it's nice to get a break from fooling with the stove, I prefer 68F to 85F any day of the week. I spend a lot of time looking forward to a few weeks of those mild temps. Alas, it is not to be this year.

I gave the SS flue a final sweep Saturday morning. Yesterday I scooped out the ash, vacuumed out the stove, and remove the top fire brick for a little baffle inspection. Everything seems to be in working order in the Endeavor. I may replace the door gasket and adjust the hinges a little more before fall.

All I need now is a boat and a Corona.

I fired up the stove on Friday night too. Maybe for the last time of the season... who knows, we'll see!

The rest of the weekend was absolutely beautiful here. Just warm enough that we didn't need to build a fire.

-SF

And I'm stuck in this motel room when I could have fired up my Elm all last week. Bummer (my wife thinks I'm crazy). But Texas has been pretty nice all our time here, considering how I melted the last few years living down here. Glad to be in the mountains of Virginia again. Can't wait to get back and deal with all the trees I cut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.