Fireplace Add On Cat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
I was paging through the Clear Skies Unlimited site and came across this.
http://www.clearskiesunlimited.com/woodburningfireplaces.html

They say they are introducing this at this years big hearth show in Reno. Anyone have any inside info on these? I wonder how they would work, would you need a bypass? Seems to me if you just placed a cat in your fireplace flue it would screw up your draft and clogg in no time at all?

Now that is going to be something to see.

Ok...So it's clean burning
What's the efficiency?
My bet is that it's STILL less than zero...
Might be nice somewhere like Georgia, but up here in NY, it's gonna suck the heat out of the house...

If I could get one installed just below my heat tubes, I bet my efficiency would go up. But I'm thinking it's more of a emissions clean up thingy than gain in heat output. They claim less than 2 gph and light off as low as 240, that's pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.