Fireplace door and liquid nails

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goof9j

Jan 28, 2014
Erlanger, ky
I purchased a beautiful fireplace door off Craigslist and it is too large for my opening. It fits flush to my brick, but is top heavy, due to the glass doors. My question: Can I use Liquid nails to secure the metal fireplace door to my brick? If not, is there another product I can use. The brackets are not adjustable so I don't think there is a way to make it fit..... Any suggestions?

Do you intend to use the stove for heating or decoration?

Definitely not liquid nails. It will burn.

Maybe use RTV silicone. Rutland is one brand of this.

Home Depot usually carries this as a seasonal product. Ace hardware also stocks it where I am.

tapcons and screws?

you will need to mechanically attach your door to the brick like begreen mentioned above. Glues won't work. Either that or you can just buy a door that fits, that is if you are going to use your fireplace as intended. You can also take your measurements to a local welder and tell him what you want to fabricate/ accomplish, take some pictures with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.