Fireplace insert with ash pan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyS

Jun 4, 2016
Bloomfield,indiana
We went to a dealer today looking for a wood burning fireplace insert with an ash pan. He did not have any or know of any. Are these available?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not a common item. The Earth Stove insert BV4000C had an ashpan but that line is discontinued I think.

Brunco and Vermont Castings winter warm are the only that I'm aware of.(Both are no longer made)
The problem is that this pan takes up so much of the already limited room for a decent sized firebox in an insert. Manufacturers make them with the lowest profile possible so I will fit most all applications.

I think that ash pan is little overrated. I'd rather have bigger box in insert. The ash pan will take the volume of fire box. There is not a lot of ash producing in clean burning EPA stove.

Reactions: webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.