Q&A Fireplace inserts/Soapstone Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am looking for a stove insert for a very small fireplace. I saw an ad in the back of a Mother Earth News magazine speaking about soap stone stoves. I possess little knowledge in this area and would appreciate any help you can give concerning same. Thanks,

Answer:

Soapstone stoves are made of cast-iron with stone inserts. They have a very nice look, and the stone also helps release the heat on a slow and constant basis. That said, style and budget also have a lot to do with the choice of a stove. Also, as you mention, size is important. For smaller stoves, check out the Jotul 602, Avalon , Lopi and others..all off links at https://www.hearth.com/prod.html

Status
Not open for further replies.