Fireplace xtordinair burn times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Central PA
Have an elite 44 and just replaced the the gasket. I have not replaced the glass gasket but looked fine. Just bought a steel cat this season. With 3 year season locust I am getting 8-9 hour burn times. After reading the BK posts I feel I am not getting the burn times that are associated with a cat stove. Anyone else with an xtrodinair having these kind of burn?

Hi I'm new to burning wood it's my first season with an elite 36 I'm not sure what they mean when they say 8-9hr is that from full load to some embers if so I'm getting 6-7hr so I must be doing something wrong I figure it's gonna take some time to figure it out my wood is alittle on the wet side too so that's not helping either

You both are getting very respectable burn times from a fireplace! 8-9 hours! Geez that's great!
Fireplaces just don't get the kind of burn times a stove will, by design. All cat stoves are not created equal, BK's are the only cat stoves that really achieve the super long burns. If your FPX got BK burn times, it wouldn't be much to look at anyway. Not much of any fire to view with these burn times.

Reactions: Bats1dxc
I've been experimenting with the air flow control I've been burning less wood getting just as much heat if not more with it at 1/4 -1/2 way open seems to be working best in that range I was burning it to high at first burnt through a lot of wood & I didn't feel like it was heating good

If I leave my air control on half it will still eat up wood pretty good. When I say 8-9 hours, that is too the point of a good bed of coals that are still throwing heat and the next load lights within seconds. Bats, what kink of wood are you burnin?

Honestly not sure exactly it's mixed hard woods I burnt through 2 cords already just got another two I'm going to build a wood shed over summer so I can stock up well b4 winter comes & it will be dry wood by the time I'm ready to use it lesson learned this year

Hey rich how much air is your blower blowing I feel like mine is not pushing the air out as hard as it should I couldn't mount blower as close as I wanted to cause of the space in my chase it's about 10' or so of duct from blower motor to fireplace wondering if I'm losing cfm's cause of that

Hey rich how much air is your blower blowing I feel like mine is not pushing the air out as hard as it should I couldn't mount blower as close as I wanted to cause of the space in my chase it's about 10' or so of duct from blower motor to fireplace wondering if I'm losing cfm's cause of that
Have you checked the filter? It could be dirty?

Status
Not open for further replies.