Fireplace xtrodinire v. Regency CI2700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

localmotion

Nov 30, 2020
Washington D.C.
Hello,

First time poster but have been browsing the forum for a year on what I wanted to do with my current masonry fireplace.

After long thought, I've decided to do a wood burning insert with the goodies (liner, fan). I've narrowed down to two installers in the DC area and am having trouble deciding between the Regency CI2700 and the FireplaceX large flush mount insert. One installer mentioned the Regency stoves caused issues with customers and something about Regency not taking care of their customers so they no longer install them.

For those who have either stove or have knowledge about the two, which one would you choose? The price between the two is within a couple hundred dollars.

The earliest CI2600 drafted easily enough that several users were reporting that the stove was hard to control and the burn times were too short. This was remedied pretty quickly by Regency with a restrictor plate that corrected the problem. There is a general thread here on this insert and the CI2700 that is full of user reports, experiences and questions. The FPX large is also a good heater. You would do well with either.

Congratulations. That was quick!

For future searches, I have the FPX large - hybrid. I chose this unit 4 years ago because the viewing area was larger and the fan speed is adjustable. The adjustable fan speed is extremely nice. Sometimes the fan is annoying to some people and I can dial it down 25% and that makes a big difference.

Hey, did you have any issues with your CI2700 with burning too fast and having poor burn times? Any feedback after use for a few years?
My CI2700 burns for 8 hours on average when I fill it up. If you wood is kiln dried and really ight, it can surely burn out quicker than that.
I put in wood at 8:30am, 4:30pm and 11:00pm.
I close the damper when it hits 500-550 degrees and the airflow to the right between 550 and 600.
What times are you getting?

My CI2700 burns for 8 hours on average when I fill it up. If you wood is kiln dried and really ight, it can surely burn out quicker than that.
I put in wood at 8:30am, 4:30pm and 11:00pm.
I close the damper when it hits 500-550 degrees and the airflow to the right between 550 and 600.
What times are you getting?
Oh I don’t have one I was researching what brand and model I wanted to install. In think I’m going to go with a Lopi large flush insert vs the regency