Fireview vs Mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILANDER

Dec 18, 2005
New construction, 4100 sq ft open floor plan. I am trying to decide between these two models. I know the sq ft rating for each, but I feel more comfortable with the reputation of Woodstock. Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

P.S. Looking for a cast iron wood stove rated for 600 sq ft for the master suite - any suggestions?

There are no stoved listed or approved for bedroom location Only stoves that list being able to be installed in a bedroom can So far their are none that I know of Pellet of gas stoves may be listed but code forbids wood stoves in bedrooms

I just bought a Woodstock - Keystone. I used two different Regency's and two different VC's.

I bought the Woodstock for my new home because I read the reviews on this site, and did not read anything negative. More than you can say about four stoves I used.

Just examining the Woodstock, everthing appears "top notch". Heavy hardware, sturdy and very heavy. Burning this thing is basically a 1 match deal. That is... light the fire, feed it and you really do not have to start another fire. Plenty of leftover coals to get you going in the morning.

After dealing with air tubes falliing out on other stoves and warped parts on the VC, it would appear the Woodstock is built as a serious heating appliance. Also looks like a high quality piece of furniture.

I have no experience with the Mansfield.

The Mansfield has a larger firebox than the Fireview. So it probably would heat more of your home than the Fireview. If you can, locate the stove centrally in your home for best results.

This is the second year for my Fireview.It works just as WoodStock said it would.Top quality all the way.
Don't worry about ordering direct from WoodStock. I had no problem with mine. Ordered on a Monday morning and it was ready to be picked up at the truck dock that Friday.I thought that was quick service from New Hamp. to southern MO.

Dylan, your right. I will do the reviews this week.... since I read every review about the stoves I have been using.

Ozarks, I had the same painless experience also. Picked it up at a freight doc in Richmond, Va.... shipping was like $130. I ordered all of the necessary parts, including chimney, from them. I did the installation and EVERYthing was there.... not additional trips necessary.

Woodstock is a class act.

ILANDER said:
New construction, 4100 sq ft open floor plan. I am trying to decide between these two models. I know the sq ft rating for each, but I feel more comfortable with the reputation of Woodstock. Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

P.S. Looking for a cast iron wood stove rated for 600 sq ft for the master suite - any suggestions?

Two points.

1. For 600 sqft, I really like either the Vermont Castings Aspen (nice classic small stove that takes a 16" log)
or the Morso 1410 (Small, but a beautiful small classic european stove)

2. Maybe one for Elk here, but what is the definition of a bedroom? Sleeping space? He refers to this as a master suite, and a 4100 sqft house, so I can imagine part of the "master suite" almost being defined as a Den or Livingroom.
No good reason for the question, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.