Firewood Log length supplier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eightball1313

Sep 24, 2019
Poconos, Pa
Seeing if anyone has any recommendations for a logger who supplies log length firewood (20 to 25 foot log length give or take) in pennsylvania. I am in the pocono's region and run a firewood processor, i always buy logs and then cut/split and deliver by the cord. The two loggers i have always bought from in the past currently are either not cutting until the fall or are cutting for paper wood so theres no firewood logs coming in at the moment. let me know!

thanks

that is a problem that most have. sorry i can't give you any info because i am up in mass. i just had a new guy move into the neighborhood he went with a big company to take down all the trees in his yard (16 huge oak trees) and then stuffed them into the grinder fill 2 trucks to the brim with oak shavings to a paper mill for pulp. instead of sell that straight as a arrow bunch of trees for firewood. you might have to get in with a small guy instead of a bigger company

Not sure about your area. We call the local mills. Ask about selfloaders also ask if they have any culls they want to sell off. Or go to the scale shack and ask the people who work the log yard. Is there more than the two loggers working your area that can be contacted?

Owl

Craigslist, fb marketplace, search for “firewood logs”. My best luck has been with dump truck loads of logs from land clearing or tree service work.