First burn, break in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bill in the U.P.

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2016
Michigan
Figured out the double wall pipe hook up. Just getting the first fire going to cure the paint. Doors open, waiting for the inevitable smell. Very happy to finally have things working. Put the match to it at 7:40. Yay.

Attachments

• First burn, break in.jpg
    First burn, break in.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 161
Super. Looking forward to your 20/30 comparison.
So far the fans seem quieter on this stove. The extra firebox depth is noticeable when loading. The firebrick seem to move around more than the 20. Today I will experiment with a full load in the firebox. Operation is very familiar. : )

Congrats. It's been enjoyable following the process of your install. Enjoy the heat. That nasty cold witch named February is on her way.

Reactions: Bill in the U.P.
Congrats. It's been enjoyable following the process of your install. Enjoy the heat. That nasty cold witch named February is on her way.
Thanks Randy. It is so nice having a wood stove going again. I forgot the connection between heart and hearth, something with the root of the words I guess. : )

Thanks Randy. It is so nice having a wood stove going again. I forgot the connection between heart and hearth, something with the root of the words I guess. : )
You couldn't be more correct. I spent some time in my mid 20's ripping dirt bikes through the Arizona deserts and still managed to find my way back to the mitten. I'm current enjoying a cup of coffee at my cabin enjoying the dancing flames in the stove. It's maybe 20 outside with about 16" of snow on the ground and there is no place I would rather be.

Ok, I was about to reply to your post Randy. But I keep hearing an Arby's commercial on this site. Very strange.

Last edited:
That's weird. No commercials on my end.