First Burn of the Year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Reached in the other night to reposition the piece of wood I had just put in the back and hit the edge of the doorway with my arm, right above the glove. Man, that kind of hurt!

I find it kind of funny that I made it all the way to March burn free. I guess I'm getting a little careless with Spring in the air. (At least it was until today <G>).

"Smells like pork or lamb..."

Amazing how your spinal cord tells you to move before you feel it isn't it? :)

wendell said:
Reached in the other night to reposition the piece of wood I had just put in the back and hit the edge of the doorway with my arm, right above the glove. Man, that kind of hurt!

I find it kind of funny that I made it all the way to March burn free. I guess I'm getting a little careless with Spring in the air. (At least it was until today <G>).

Buy welders gloves.

Trust me.

No kidding. After a million years of doing this stuff I keep trying to burn E/W in the 30-NC just to do it. Reaching back into that deep firebox has given me more hash marks than I had on my uniform in the Army.

Boy, you've got that right! Deep box burning has tattooed me more than once this season.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Buy welders gloves.

Trust me.

Yeah what he said.................
11.gif

Harbor Freight Welding Gloves 3 pair for $9.99

Are fireplace gloves the same thing as welding gloves?

Pretty much the same. Use either.

hardwood715 said:
Reaching back into that deep firebox has given me more hash marks than I had on my uniform in the Army.
-
Gee, I thought they were tattoos from the good ole Sierra- Brownie!

Nah. It was always loaded N/S.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Buy welders gloves.

Trust me.

I did, and then managed to bump the door just below the elbow (the gloves don't go that high). This happened the day after I read the multi-page thread about burn marks back in ~Dec and was boasting that I was burn-free due to the gloves. Funny how a stove can take you down a notch and keep one in line.

Hiram Maxim said:

Yeah, but those are 14" gloves. About the same as my stove gloves. I burn myself above the gloves on the door frame or door about once a season...

Does anyone sell inexpensive 20" gloves?

KarlP said:
Hiram Maxim said:

Yeah, but those are 14" gloves. About the same as my stove gloves. I burn myself above the gloves on the door frame or door about once a season...

Does anyone sell inexpensive 20" gloves?

Depends on how long your arms are!
http://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/violent/sterb032.gif

I have yet to get burned using the gloves from harbor freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.