First Burn this season last night!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuelburnJake

Burning Hunk
Jul 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Last night here it got down into the 30's. After putting new gaskets, new igniter and cleaning my whole stove as well as giving the burn chamber a paint job as Don2222 had a write up on I couldn't not try it out! Ran great and the new igniter made for a way faster start up than the old one! Its almost the season here guys!

Reactions: smoke show
I should have taken some last night but I didn't snap any. I was just enjoying the fire and a beverage!

Hey I'm just happy it fired up and worked after the tore it all apart! haha

well I did my spring cleaning and test fire this week. and snapped a pic for proof...

IMAG0124.jpg

Nice looking stove! and Dog! Its going to be cold again tonight I'll try and snap a pic for proof!

X2, it was around 35::F here too. Made a fire for the princess as I was gone to work. Coming home in my shorts & T in the morning was a little cool on the skin, sorry no pic.

:) Don told you to not fire it? And you did?

Last night here it got down into the 30's. After putting new gaskets, new igniter and cleaning my whole stove as well as giving the burn chamber a paint job as Don2222 had a write up on I couldn't not try it out! Ran great and the new igniter made for a way faster start up than the old one! Its almost the season here guys!

Good work!

This morning I had my first Quad burn in the shed/workshop because it was only 60 degs in there. Still 68 degs in the house so did not need the house Harmys yet!

I did a little Breckwell P2700 cleaning,wirebrushing, grinding and painting this morning just for fun! LOL
Also changing out the hollow brass cowel rods with solid stainless steel for that modern look!

Attachments

• BreckwellP2700-1.JPG
    BreckwellP2700-1.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 119
  • BreckwellP2700-2.JPG
    BreckwellP2700-2.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: DuelburnJake
still trying to hold out till october. but i'm not sure we'll make it.
it was 61 in the house yesterday or the day before.
so far my wife just using the oven to make tasty treats has been enough to take the edge off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.