First Fire Also

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
western NY
After a long fall of delayed install, unexpected liner, and busy fall with business I was able to do the break in fires over the past 2 days. The Oslo is cruising along at 500 degrees in the basement. Managed to hurt myself on election day so my dear wife is bringing logs to house, which is humbling. Thanks all, for advice.

Good things come in time. Well worth the wait I'm sure. Stay warm and safe . Enjoy your Thanksgiving too.

Yea! How is it heating potter? Are you getting good comfort upstairs too?

And where are those beauty shots? We want to see it burning! :)

Congratulations Potter! Just in time for Thanksgiving too, how nice. Hope your feeling better soon. :)

The house is small 1000 S.F.. heated whole space well last night with 20 degree temps outside- we like to sleep cool so that would be around 65. I didn't fill it as much as possible or crank it up- settled into about 425 on top. Basement is stone with exterior board insulation no insulation in floor between spaces and a couple of cut through vents made by the previous owner. I think it will do well. Need to learn to get it to run overnight though coals at about 4:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.