First Fire in My New WS Ideal Steel Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

valuman

Burning Hunk
Mar 11, 2014
Vermont
Hi All,
After much deliberation I settled on an Ideal Steel for my new shop instead of the Survival Hybrid because the large firebox will make it easier to keep the space warm on fewer loads this winter. I had a less than great experience with the professional installer I had to use in order to receive my $900 rebate and ended up completing the installation myself this morning. Because I needed to offset the thimble due to the framing of the building the inside flue is a bit funky looking, but she's running and I'm happy.

Happy heating season everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_7052.JPG
    IMG_7052.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 156
Looks good! I have an IS too, burning it right now as I write this! It heats my 2100 sq ft home very nicely from Oct to May and depending on the winter I will use roughly 5 cords, maybe a bit less burning 24/7. I burn a bit of everything hence the slightly higher cord usage.

Reactions: valuman