First fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monaco

Burning Hunk
Sep 13, 2015
Indiana
I looked at the thermostat and said to myself: this is going to be too cold for my wife when she gets home. (59 F)

Started with dried pine, then threw in some oak and maple uglies.

Silent flame insert, goes great with beer on the couch.

Here's to a new burning season, and my Kuuma on its way!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 195
I looked at the thermostat and said to myself: this is going to be too cold for my wife when she gets home. (59 F)

Started with dried pine, then threw in some oak and maple uglies.

Silent flame insert, goes great with beer on the couch.

Here's to a new burning season, and my Kuuma on its way!
Right there with ya cold and rainy here in the northeast, second night with a fire in the stove, happy to be burning but was hoping to hold off for a few more weeks!

Reactions: Monaco
Same here in Ohio...windy, rainy and chilly. Small fire yesterday and today felt good.

Right there with ya cold and rainy here in the northeast, second night with a fire in the stove, happy to be burning but was hoping to hold off for a few more weeks!
Yeah me too. If it was just me living here, I could have too :)

Yeah me too. If it was just me living here, I could have too :)
Haha my thoughts exactly my fiancé actually had the stove going before I got home from work today she was cold.... And in shorts and a tee shirt mind you haha I had nothing to say (don't you own a sweatshirt and pants) but she did all the hard work I just have to feed the stove and drink beers, not a bad way to spend a night after a long day at the shop!

That is nice, enjoy the good life. Here is to a beautiful wood burning season.

Reactions: Cburke
Having my first fire tonight too. Cold and rainy in Virginia, making the family happy.

Its been 5C/41F at night here for 3 nights. Sparked a small one every morning just because. My lovely wife and baby like it. Tonight was the first night I've had one, small though, just enough to cut the cool, damp air. Plus it fit nicely after a pheasant hunt and the apple-crisp my wife made. Life is good!

First fire today here in Michigan, and on a work day :( No phone call yet.. all must be fine. I had better call the wife..lol
It's in the 40's... she shouldn't have to worry about it.. :) Love my BK

First one last night here too. Happy stove season to everyone, especially the senior members who have spent so much time helping all of us.

On August 17th I got pretty close.

"We are six weeks away from hearth.com lighting up with 'Are you burning yet?'."

Reactions: turbojoe
Came close yesterday. Trying to hold off. The older I get the more enticing those cat stoves look. Not really looking forward to getting up in the middle of the night to load the old NC woodstove, but I'll take it over freezing to death.

Three straight days of small evening fires. And it looks like tonight will be no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.