First lighting of the season - went well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate New York
Howdy everybody -

Tonight I lit my Harman XXV for the first time this season (getting down into the 30's tonight here in northern NY State). It went well, thankfully - burning and controlling as I type. I know that's not as exciting as bad news, lol. Fortunately I had the chimney cleaned this summer, and I cleaned the stove for the first time (for an annual cleaning).

I am LUCKY compared to many on this forum - I wish the best for those having trouble. I got my stove in February, when they were still available, and I have a cellar with 6 tons of high-quality Energex pellets I bought in the spring (with delivery, about a $1900 investment) which will carry me through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.