First load of the year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMonter

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
Hayden, ID
Been working out of town for almost a year so I got late start this year. First load of Red Fir and the day was rainy and drizzling all day. Nice thing was it wasn't too hot and I was done by about 11.

Attachments

• Red Fir Load 1.jpg
    Red Fir Load 1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Red Fir Load 1 - Side.jpg
    Red Fir Load 1 - Side.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 464
TMonter nice work and nice load of Red Fir, how does Red Fir burn? We have had a stretch of cool weather so I been stacking, I think Friday it's supposed to jump back up in the 80's.

zap

Red fir burns excellent. Not quote as good as Tamarack/Larch but is seasons easy, splits easy and is plentiful here in the Pacific Northwest. This load will likely be next year's wood as I have about 4 cords stockpiled from last year. I would have liked to have 3-4 cords already but my schedule this year just hasn't made that possible.

I believe it has around 20.6 to 21.5 Million Btu/Cord

The plan is to get at least 2 more truckloads like this one before I'm done for the year.

That is quite a load of wood. That must be one heavy pickup truck. It is not squated down much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.