First night and first cold stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
So the bottom 3 buttons are at 2,3,1. Burning Indeck pellets. Turned the heat and blower to 1-3 to test how it would hold. Woke up at 3am and didn't hear the blower and the house lost a few degrees since it was -2out. Fired it back up and went to setting 2, went back to bed woke up to find the house only lost 3 more degrees all night and was still 2 degrees warned then I had my settings on LP. Guess img the pellets feed in 1 was too slow to run the stove? Overall I'm happy since I burned about 7-8lbs all night. :)

i,m not sure my 25-pdv would feed enough pellets on 1
to keep the fire going...the lowest setting i've used was

and i,m talking the 3 bottom buttons here.

letsblaze said:
So the bottom 3 buttons are at 2,3,1. Burning Indeck pellets. Turned the heat and blower to 1-3 to test how it would hold. Woke up at 3am and didn't hear the blower and the house lost a few degrees since it was -2out. Fired it back up and went to setting 2, went back to bed woke up to find the house only lost 3 more degrees all night and was still 2 degrees warned then I had my settings on LP. Guess img the pellets feed in 1 was too slow to run the stove? Overall I'm happy since I burned about 7-8lbs all night. :)

For your bottom 3 factory setting buttons, try 3-5-1. I have the same stove but made in 2006. I have been burning for 5-6 years now & never used anything lower than 3 for my first number setting. Then once you turn it on, set the operation buttons to 1-2. Are your Indeck pellets, hardwood or softwood, not familar with those pellets.

In about 20 hours of run time in I just topped the hopper back off with bag number 2 and still have about 7-8 lbs in a 5 gallon bucket. I don t think I'm doing too bad. :)

Ya just have to fool with the settings and find the sweet spot for each model.

Our whitfields will hold a nice fire 24/7 on the lowest setting using the shells.

On Pellets that can be a different story with these two stoves.

The situation can change with different brands of pellets too, for sure.

When its really cold out, you may see a difference too due to greater heat loss at the low temp switch (Just a thought)

Our large Whit, running on low right after a complete cleaning will see the fire burn a lot lower in the pot and the grate will nearly burn out between auger cycles. This will happen for the first day after the cleaning.

Once the grate gets some crud built up and a little ash in the baffles it settles in and holds a nice fire.

Every stove has its idiosycrasies and you just have to find them out and run the little beast accordingly.

Keep warm and enjoy

Snowy

Not sure as the bag don't say. When I clean it today it will tell me what's going in with the burn.

I did a search on them & there web site says a blend of hardwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.