First season of pellets acquired! 3 tons of Turmans. :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddictiveStew

Burning Hunk
Mar 13, 2013
PA
Yeah I know, pics or it didn't happen! Happy to have my first stash. I did read the other post on Turmans and I don't believe that I have the bad batch he was referring to.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 180
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 175
Congrats! I burned them for several years now, haven't hit a bad batch yet. Not to say it can't happen, it can happen to any pellet, but chances are very good you will be enjoying your Turmans. Nice stacking job, I had to haul mine into our basement as we have no garage. It was good exercise.

Congrats! I burned them for several years now, haven't hit a bad batch yet. Not to say it can't happen, it can happen to any pellet, but chances are very good you will be enjoying your Turmans. Nice stacking job, I had to haul mine into our basement as we have no garage. It was good exercise.

First photo is the delivery, second photo is of the pellets moved into my basement. Lower back was hurtin a bit after that one!

What are they going per ton this season?

About $235/ton from Kegerreis in Bernville.

Reactions: AddictiveStew
235 for turmans is unhead of around here.

I wonder what the roi is for renting a uhaul for 19.95 and making the drive....

235 for turmans is unhead of around here.

I wonder what the roi is for renting a uhaul for 19.95 and making the drive....

Rent a big enoug one to supply a few of us....and we can split it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.