First time stove buyer - pellet stove.ca?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarmB

Nov 21, 2015
Ottawa on
Anyone ever deal with pelletstove.ca?

Tried searching reviews etc with no results. Do they operate with a different name?

I called and they talked me into their S1902 model, said the stoves were produced by a company who manufacturers stoves for many others. Can't remember the name, it's 3 letters.

Am I safe buying from them and is the stove good for someone who may use it 2-3 times a week?

Thanks in advance

I have not heard of them but maybe some others have. When buying a stove it is also important to be able to get parts for them easily. You might get better rsponses if you find out some more details and the brand of the stove etc;

Don't remember the people who manufacture it and it looks like they're closed today.

Place is "The Pellet Stove Store" in Kamloops, BC.

Just wondering if anyone has bought from them etc

Sorry Carm, But I am nowhere near you nor do i know anything about that store etc; There are some people near you and when you find out which brand the stove is there will be many that chime in to tell you all about it.

Best I can suggest for now would be to read up here and other reviews on different stove brands and models because there are many out there. Use the search bar above and put in something like Good pellet stoves and variations of that like looking for a new pellet stove ..... On and on. They are not a one size fits all deal either. Might start a thread asking if anyone knows about that store too.

Wish I could offer more but more info is needed. Or start a thread like: I live in Ottawa and am interested on suggestions for a new stove or dealer. Good luck! BTW, Welcome to the site!

A quick search turned up they are Atlanta America brand. Never heard of them and there isnt much to be found about them for the little time i searched on google anyways.

They are based and made in china..

Atlanta America is their us site. They're stoves are made by the same people that make "Kozi" etc.

Haven't seen anything that suggests they are made in China stoves either, can you post that link?

They might be another version of a stove sold out of North Carolina that comes from China. I think that dealer was called SMG Hearth Store or something like that. Some guy named Glenn there. I believe he was selling one for $1,299.00 and would ship it to you. Supposedly, there was some guy in New York that bought one but he has come and gone here. Not sure it was all legit either but I can not verify that.

I did contact this seller in NC because he was advertising all over Craigslist everywhere. He kinda sounded sketchy and I also have not seen him advertising at all anymore. When I inquired about possibly buying one of his he said they were held up in U.S. Customs and stuck on a ship so he couldn't send one yet.

Whatever you do be sure you are dealing with someone reputable and a dealer or supplier with a good reputation etc;

I am not sure the guy in NC was a scammer or not. No idea really and the guy that supposedly bought one and them came on here with raves about said stove then is no where to be found or heard from.

Another guy that does know about these China stoves is Chickenman here. I think he lives in Australia. I believe he deals these brands some. When I was looking into these there was some Chinese company with like a three letter name and there was a site on the internet. That's about all I know or have seen if it is the same deal.

ok just talked to them, that model S1902 is in fact made in China.

The company has been operating in Kamloops BC for 20+ years they said. They also sell the Kozi brand that are made by APR Industries, however this stove is not.

The guy told me they've been selling this model stove for about 6 years and have had minimal issues with them. He said the only real problems they've had are the thermostats built into the units but you can use an external thermostat purchased through them.

Reactions: Cedarjunki
Atlanta America is their us site. They're stoves are made by the same people that make "Kozi" etc.

Haven't seen anything that suggests they are made in China stoves either, can you post that link?

I cant find the page that i read it on but... the last post confirmed it

I think a company named Alibaba (Google that) has some info on these stoves made in China. Check that out and plug in that model # possibly. Chickenman in Aussie Land knows quite a bit about them but I have yet to see him here yet this fall. Sounds like the dealer you are speaking with is all right so ask them a bunch of questions too.

Just an update.

After tons of research and digging through Google etc, I just cannot find anyone using this particular stove - S1902

Although priced right and the dealer answering questions, I just have a bad feeling. They said they've been selling them for 6 years, however I cannot find 1 person on the net using them.

I decided to buy a used stove around here. Settled on a PelPro Bayview stove. Looks good, works well and priced right.

Just couldn't get past that gut feeling on the other one.

Take care & thanks for the help.

Reactions: Shane1
Status
Not open for further replies.