Welp, I've started. This is a very interesting hobby. First, I was so ancy waiting for my taps to arrive, I improvised. I used a 3/8 plastic T valve into reccommended 5/16 food safe tubing using 5 gallon food safe buckets from Wal-Mart. I originally tapped 2 large Silver Maple trees, 2 in one and 1 in the other. In the larger tree, I noticed that i was losing a lot of sap around the plastic T valve (my drilled hole was probably too large), so I pulled em out and drilled a larger hole the same size as my tubing and inserted the tubing. I know this isn't recommended but it seems to be catching more of the sap flow. I'm still losing a lot to the ground. After checking the 3, 5 gallon buckets I totaled just around 9 gallons of sap in just 24 hrs. Today, my real taps came in and I tapped the other tree that just had one tap in it. This time, I drilled my hole a little smaller than the tap, and gently tapped it into the drilled hole for a snug fit. This tap does not seem to be leaking around the tap. My gathered sap is in two buckets sitting atop ice in my beer cooler. I can't wait to check after work tomorrow as we should have good sugar'n weather into tomorrow. I want to thank Hearth.com Members for answering my questions and helping me as I learn a new hobby.