Hey everyone. I bought a new home recently and plan on starting the first fire in the fireplace tonight. I have experience with wood stoves but not a whole lot with fireplaces. I know the basics, open the damper, make sure everything is clear, start the fire, monitor it and never leave unattended etc. I was wondering if any of you had any extra tips. I was planning on using some Duraflame logs with kindling to get it started, I heard newspaper can create more amounts of creosote over time. I have a prefab fireplace with two pretty heavy cast iron framed doors with glass in front and a fan in the prefab itself. I know fireplaces aren't very efficient but still was wondering some tips of how to use the doors (or leave them open) and use the fan so I can at least get the most heat out of the prefab and wood burning. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.