fisher double door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterdogs

Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2009
Md
I have a double door fisher, It's exhaust pipe is out the back. (Pen) thanks an elbow will go on the outside with some wiggling. I am interested in welding shut the rear exhaust exit, and putting one on top. Has anyone done this? My goal is to make room for a baffle, which then could be higher in the burn box. Haven't been able to locate the 8" outer diameter pipe. Seem to be finding 8 inch pipe but it all is inside diameter and the wall are very thick.
Thanks

At the end (on the 4th page) of the thread I created about making a baffle, a fella shows an example of the baffle that he created for a grandma bear that is a rear exit like yours.

I would not recommend cutting that stove to do that sort of replacement. I could only image the amount of effort that would take with that quality 3/16 in steel that has been heat tempered so many times over the years.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31420/

Here is the link to that thread.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.