Fisher dual vent wood stove Pat No. D237798

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.franklin

Aug 16, 2014
I have an old Fisher wood stove and need to now how old it is. It does not have a MFG tag on it and no evidence there was one. Might that date it before a certain date? The Pat # is D237798 with a note other patents are pending. might this help? If it is older than 1988 then I can get a voucher from the American Lung Association to replace ... can anyone help me?

Welcome. The patent dates from 1975. The stove is very likely pre-1988. Can you post a picture so that we can identify the model and verify?

My Fisher stove was literately dumped off in my yard 14 yrs back. The previous owner stating he was moving an had no use for it. Today, I pull the old fisher out an plan on placing it into my barn. My neighbor says it will not pass inspection now. This old stove still looks like it hardly was used. From all the information that I have read in this form, I know realize that I hold an Ol'mama. The patent is # is D237798 with a note other patents are pending. The 4 tree's an two vents with a back wall 6 inch opening for the chimney. Can a catalytic be added to these stoves for cleaner air. What r the chances of mine not passing it's WWET test?

Status
Not open for further replies.