Is this really a fisher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kristoco

Nov 5, 2023
Maine
Have a friend who has a Fisher wood stove yet doesn't meet up with any specs we can find. It was bought around 1998 used.
On the back has DBGP & under that is 7016. The only signifier on the whole thing. It takes 40 1/4 bricks with 2 cut. The stove measures
27" from back to ash shelf front
30.5" from floor to top
32 3/8 across the top
I also noticed patent pending is in different positions than most I've seen.

20231105_163028.jpg 20231105_174059.jpg 20231105_174115.jpg 20231105_174142.jpg 20231105_174156.jpg

Grandpa Bear made by the Dunn Brothers licensee from Virgina and West Virginia.

Reactions: Piney
Thank you. You wouldn't know if there's any manual for this specific model do you? The ones I've downloaded are off on the measurements as well as brick placement.
Thank you,

Kristoco

Thank you. You wouldn't know if there's any manual for this specific model do you? The ones I've downloaded are off on the measurements as well as brick placement.
Thank you,

Kristoco
Any many manual for a double door will work they are all pretty much the same just different size. What do you need to know?

Thank you,

Kristoco
This is the manual that was written by the PA fabricator. This is not a UL Listed stove or a manual that became a part of the Listing for later stoves.

Fabricators could deviate from original drawings and did many things their own way they found better for them. The cut sheet size and brick cut size will not match the size I have on original drawings. The doors were cast at foundries and sent to fabricators, so they had to alter front plate width and hinge plates to fit doors.

Brick layout for all models is the same, you start across rear wall from left to right. Then sides, back to front, cutting the last one. Then fill in bottom to hold sides tight.

Testing was done by different labs in different areas not recognizing others testing criteria. When standardized testing began using UL test criteria, UL Labels and serial numbers were used for stoves built to those standards. Later manuals had brick layout since all stoves had to be built as tested.

Installation uses revised NFPA-211 Standards which this manual would conform with when written. Floor protection and venting standards have changed for new installations today.

Building codes adopt this Standard. States that have adopted building codes add to NFPA Standard, but take nothing away. Local codes can add to statewide codes, taking nothing away. So NFPA-211 is the minimum to follow nationwide.

Any many manual for a double door will work they are all pretty much the same just different size. What do you need to know?
I've not found any manuals that are for this model period. The brick layout is totally different as well as measurements. I'd like to know what the stamp on the back stands for as well as year it was made. When I took out the old replaced fire brick I found a half inch of ash bellow them. I guess I'd just like the actual manual for this model and some info on it.

Thank you.

Kristoco

This is the manual that was written by the PA fabricator. This is not a UL Listed stove or a manual that became a part of the Listing for later stoves.

Fabricators could deviate from original drawings and did many things their own way they found better for them. The cut sheet size and brick cut size will not match the size I have on original drawings. The doors were cast at foundries and sent to fabricators, so they had to alter front plate width and hinge plates to fit doors.

Brick layout for all models is the same, you start across rear wall from left to right. Then sides, back to front, cutting the last one. Then fill in bottom to hold sides tight.

Testing was done by different labs in different areas not recognizing others testing criteria. When standardized testing began using UL test criteria, UL Labels and serial numbers were used for stoves built to those standards. Later manuals had brick layout since all stoves had to be built as tested.

Installation uses revised NFPA-211 Standards which this manual would conform with when written. Floor protection and venting standards have changed for new installations today.

Building codes adopt this Standard. States that have adopted building codes add to NFPA Standard, but take nothing away. Local codes can add to statewide codes, taking nothing away. So NFPA-211 is the minimum to follow nationwide.
That is the manual I have already. Brick placement is totally different than what is in manual. As pictured is the only way they fit without cutting 90% of them. I've replaced what I could and am hoping to find a manual for this model.

Thank you,

Kristoco

20231105_173820.jpg