Fisher Grandma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Fair enough, apologies if anyone was insulted.

I agree both modifications (the larger hole through first layer to allow the spring side to sit into the inner layer, or the longer damper handle) are great ideas.

Only issue will be is if he's running 8" flue pipe; in which case, sourcing a 9" handle may prove very difficult.
So, I was just offering, that in our case, neither modification was required....that's all.
Thanks and enjoy the cooler temps!
Not offended at all. And if it works for you great. But i have yet to install one that worked properly without some modification. But i have by no means installed every brand damper on every brand pipe. Some may work just fine.

All good, just glad I didn't cause offence.
This site is such an invaluable resource because of guys like you and Coaly, I'd be an idiot to tick anyone here off.
Thanks and take care. Hope the OP is burning well and the stove is meeting the expectations.

Reactions: bholler