Fisher Honey Bear? Grandmaw Bear Help me ID

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Philjurg

New Member
Sep 20, 2026
2
Kentucky
Hey guys. Been following and reading stuff on here for years but I have never registered/posted until now. I purchased this stove locally as it was very interesting and I wanted to upgrade to a glass door stove. It was sold as a honey bear but as I look more into it I think it could be grandmaw bear with glass doors. It also has a blower system installed on the rear/top that im not sure if it is factory fisher or aftermarket. Any help.is greatly appreciated.
[Hearth.com] Fisher Honey Bear? Grandmaw Bear Help me ID
[Hearth.com] Fisher Honey Bear? Grandmaw Bear Help me ID
 
Appears to be Grandma III without rear shield, hence no UL testing Label that was attached to shield.

Honey Bear is much smaller with a 6 inch outlet, air through doors or pull rod under ash fender. They were pedestal type, or Combination with removable pedestal for legs and mobile home kit for outdoor air. They are also 3/16 plate with 1/4 inch thick top.

Yours looks like 8 inch outlet and should have an angled Smoke Shelf Baffle below outlet, and 1/4 inch thick construction with 5/16 top.

The UL Listed Grandma will have bottom and rear shield, with optional blower that blows from bottom rear up the rear shield, with shield curled at top directing air over top, forward.

Yours uses the front sliders for air wash over glass, and side primary air can be closed overnight using air wash only for low burn. (With correct venting)
 
Thank you for the reply. It does have the smoke shield but it is burned through in the center. I need to get it cleaned up and get all the old ash out of it and I will take some more pictures. One interesting thing about it is that the rear wall of the stove seems to be 2 pieces of plate with an air gap and there is a small cover in the center of each spot with the blowers would mount. As I said I will clean it up and put some more pictures on here soon.