fisher insert help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bull

Dec 7, 2008
south east ky
i just got a fisher stove insert with glass doors . i was needing help with the installation and what was used to complete it. and it did not have a skirt that goes around the stove, there are holes where you connect it. could you please help . pics. would really be helpful.

Attachments

• Fisher Fire Place003.jpg
    Fisher Fire Place003.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 657
Is that an insert? Looks to be a free standing model from the angle of the picture. If you want to make it an insert you could remove the pedestal then just fab up some sheet metal to put on the sides for a surround. That has an 8" exhaust on the top so you will need to run 8" chimney liner down your chimney to connect to it.

The flue collar on that insert is 7" I believe. Here is one dressed up for the dance.

Attachments

• fisher insert.JPG
    fisher insert.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 589

Attachments

• 20060-RndFlx-Iron-Insert-Boot-lg.jpg
    20060-RndFlx-Iron-Insert-Boot-lg.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 484
I am jealous of those doors!

I bet they would fit right on my grandma bear. Good luck on the install. Please post pics once completed.

pen

yes pen those doors is what sold me on them . they are a lot nicer in person . i have the older fisher stove and they are too small for it. jacksnipe the above plate if you use it , do you still have to use a block off plate or is this what it is. what type flex liner can i use . my flue is oblong maybe 13x9 not sure flue liner is perfect. if anyone has an installation process i would be glad to get it. keep the posts coming glad to get them.
thanks all MERRY CHRISTMAS.

thanks brotherbart

got the pics. loaded now i can go from there.

My honey bear model has those exact doors :)

got any pics. is a insert and how do you have it set up.

the bull said:
yes pen those doors is what sold me on them . they are a lot nicer in person . i have the older fisher stove and they are too small for it. jacksnipe the above plate if you use it , do you still have to use a block off plate or is this what it is. what type flex liner can i use . my flue is oblong maybe 13x9 not sure flue liner is perfect. if anyone has an installation process i would be glad to get it. keep the posts coming glad to get them.
thanks all MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I Didn't utilize a block off plate in my installation, Before we intalled the insert into our masonary fireplace I bolted a adapter to the top of the insert to accept a 8" diameter sst ridgid liner. The liner then attaches to this item pictured. This website along with several others have all of the necessary hardware to hook up everything to code. It's not that bad of a job, just think over your situation & look at the individual componets that are available..

http://chimneylinerinc.com/index.html

Attachments

• Chimney Liner Connector.bmp
    59.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Chimney Liner Connector.bmp
    59.1 KB · Views: 412
Status
Not open for further replies.