Fiskars SS x27 update?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Just called Fiskars, and was told that the X27/36" handle wouldn't be coming out until late February or March. Can anyone confirm anything different? It still isn't on Amazon. Think I'll go ahead and try the 28" handle...

I'm sure the 36" will be nice but I'm happy with my 28" SS. Spent a few hours with it in my hands just this afternoon. I still have to pick up the 8 lb maul every once in a while but when I pick up the SS again it feels like swinging a fly swatter.

did they rename their axes or something?

I don't remember my super splitter saying X25 on it. Is everything else the same I wonder? I might eventually get one of the longer handled ones, because on gnarly rounds if I have to switch to my 8lb maul, I often overshoot because I'm used to the dinky fiskars.

Status
Not open for further replies.