fix for air leak around glass of CDW Sequoia 2160

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smcrane

Nov 19, 2007
TN
I'm new to the forum, woodburner for 13 years. We installed a CDW Sequoia 2160 in our new house in 1994, and have been extremely pleased with it. No, it does NOT look like a toilet. It is a very contemporary looking wood stove which goes nicely with our contemporary home. :)

I let an air leak around the glass go unfixed too long, and the brass trim around the glass distorted. This is significant because the 3/16" gasket which seals the glass sits on the brass trim. This seems to be a rather poor design, and is the only complaint I have about this stove.

Has anyone come up with an improvement for this design? I'm thinking about stuffing fiberglass gasket material in the groove on the back of the brass trim, to bring it to level with the surface on which the brass trim rests, then putting a 1/4 flat gasket on top of that, then the glass. Your suggestions welcome.

smcrane, TN

See if you can replace the door discount stove parts comes to mind In the main part of this web site is a list of parts dealers Woodsman also comes to mind take their phone numbers and give them a call and see what they suggest

If the brass trim is a separate part, you might be able to buy this. I know we used to get replacements of a similar J channel for Russo and other stoves. Check with th VC dealer, then with the parts places - Woodmans and Black Swan - both are experts on these models.

Status
Not open for further replies.