Flame FP-45 Maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

usesformooses

Jan 27, 2019
Southwick, MA
It's time for me to deep clean the stove, however....I can't get the screws in the left side of the fire box to turn, can I spray down with wd-40 to losen them? Also, how do you remove the lower left side panel to clean the combustion blower? Manual makes it look easy, but it's on there tighter than my hs gf was, and that's WITH all the screws out.

Pliers? On my Harmon I replaced the bolts with thumb screws from hardware store. Few bucks. Lots easier to take off the back panels for cleaning.

WD-40, penetrating oil, or isopropyl alcohol might work to loosen the screws. Drip some on the heads, trying to get it behind and onto the threads. Wait 5-10 minutes, and try to unscrew. It can sometimes take a few applications. There is also a product called Kroil, which is very good, if you can find it.

Reactions: usesformooses