Flexible Stove Pipe approved for inside the home from a free standing stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mendes9

Oct 27, 2011
Eastern PA
Hello, I'm installing a free standing wood stove, and using Duravent DVL double wall stove pipe. This is a through the wall installation, I used duraplus triple wall class a chimmney. My problem is I made an error in my calculations, and the hole in the wall needs to be about 3 inches to the left so the 90 deg elbox lines up with the wall connector. My question is, does anyone know of any flexible stove pipe that is approved for inside use, it will not be near combustable surfaces. I called duravent today and they don't sell anything that is flexible.

Thanks

Welcome. 3" is tough, 6" easier. Can the stove be moved?

If you can post a picture maybe we can spot another option.

I'm off by about 2 inches. Dumb misktake, should have put the stove on top of the hearth first before I cut the hole (wall is cinder block), but I thought I was on. I'm waiting on an extension piece, and with the 90 deg elbow I maybe able to get it in there. Otherwise, I have no choice and have to widen the hole, and move my class a chimmney outside. I'm using duravent DVL stovepipe and there are no flexible piping available. THey also told me I'm not allowed to use flexible piping inside the house only a masonary chimmney so I have no choice but to make it work.

stove.jpg

Thanks Milt, I did measure but I'm off. The stone is thicker than I anticipated. Also, I used metal studs to attatch the durock which added a little more depth almost 1 1/2 inches. Anyway, worse case condition I just need to move the hole over a couple inches. Still have some work to do, as I'm going to add a chimmney effect to the ceiling so a good porition of the stove pipe won't be visable.

That 2 45 degree elbow trick that Craig described should to the trick for you, and it will be out of sight after the chimney work is done.

Thanks for the suggestion, I should get the extension piece tomorrow, if that doesn't work either i'll move the whole over, or order 2 45deg elbows. I can't wait to start burning wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.