Floor support for hearth pad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb5004

Mar 11, 2014
Ohio
I live in a newer manufactured "double wide" home with 2 x 10 floor trusses and a steel chassis that sits on a block foundation. It's very well built, but still technically a modular.

I posted the other day about my idea, but to recap, I want to tear out the existing corner fireplace and build a really beefy hearth pad that will hold a wood stove. The stove weight is listed at 275 pounds (and approved for mobile homes), and I plan on building the pad out of 2 x 10s and plywood covered in cement board and stone veneer for fireproofing. Here's my general inspiration:

tx-buck91-jpg.7349

The entire setup will sit near the foundation (it will be against an outside wall) and sit directly above one of the steel chassis beams. All of that said, is there anything else I should do to strengthen the floor? I haven't been able to find much definitive information about this. Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

275 pounds is just one big dude standing in the corner. It shouldn't be a problem. A beefy hearth pad also spreads that weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.