Food and Fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
When we got home from a trail ride yesterday - wife wanted me to fire up the grill, I wanted to set inside by the fire where it was warm. So we compromised! I threw a batch of 2-3" diameter hedge branches in the stove and baked them down to a big bed of glowing coals pretty quick, then set a grate in the stove on a couple of firebricks and tossed on a few Kansas Grand Champion rib steaks. Four minutes per side - just enough so they stop twitching, scoop on a baked potato and grab a beer - We're set!

Nice to warm up the house in such a 'tasty' way.

foodnfuelsm.jpg

Looks mighty tasty....I love a good steak once in awhile....with a little pink in the center...and some A1 steak sauce... %-P

That looks wicked good.

Where's the 'tater??

Tasty looking food.

Nice looking fuel too ;-)

firebroad said:
Where's the 'tater??

Well, the wife insists on a vegetable...something about balanced diet / healthy eating bla...bla...and apparently the grain in beer doesn't count - so, the tater is under the orange cheddar cheese and blob of white ranch dressing, upper right of the steak. :)

cozy heat said:
firebroad said:
Where's the 'tater??

Well, the wife insists on a vegetable...something about balanced diet

My idea of a balanced diet is a beer in one hand and a decent steak in the other.... that picture looks perfect on all counts from where I'm sitting..... ;-)

cozy heat said:
the tater is under the orange cheddar cheese and blob of white ranch dressing, upper right of the steak. :)

There is no other way to eat a tater IMHO.....yummy...sometimes I like American cheese melted on top to put a twist on it... %-P

wow my mouth is salivating as we speak. look frekin awesome.

cozy heat said:
Four minutes per side - just enough so they stop twitching...

BAAAhahaha - awesome. Dangit, now I'm hungry (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.