For you BKK owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jeff_t said:
Hiram Maxim said:
jeff_t said:
Got ahold of them today and put a deposit on it. Change that :mad: to a :coolsmile: .

Chinook was a little over $4k, Princess around $3600. They have another King at $2450, said he had to order a door forqy it. Storey Stone in Jackson, MI.
when I called them a few years ago they wanted $3300.00 for the king.

He said they're a little dusty, so I'm assuming it's an end of season deal. The Princess and Chinook they don't have in stock.
outstanding....:) Your going to love the big beast. Where are you located?

jeff_t said:
They have another King at $2450, said he had to order a door for it. Storey Stone in Jackson, MI.

What model king is it? I really can't do a king but maybe I can make myself believe I can if it's an Ultra. :lol:

rdust said:
jeff_t said:
They have another King at $2450, said he had to order a door for it. Storey Stone in Jackson, MI.

What model king is it? I really can't do a king but maybe I can make myself believe I can if it's an Ultra. :lol:

Ya, it's an ultra.

jeff_t said:
rdust said:
jeff_t said:

Ya, it's an ultra.
Rdust, that's a great price.......

With the prices of rare metals going up & up, cat cumbustors are going up too.
Having an "on the shelf" spare can be a good thing.
Another good thing to do if it's hard to deal is try to get a new Cat cumbustor thrown in or at a reduced price.
Money in the bank. I'm guessing the prices on palladium are going to keep going up like gold prices.
Palladium: $400 1 year ago, near $800 now. palladium price graph/ chart:
http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx

bogydave said:
With the prices of rare metals going up & up, cat cumbustors are going up too.
Having an "on the shelf" spare can be a good thing.
Another good thing to do if it's hard to deal is try to get a new Cat cumbustor thrown in or at a reduced price.
Money in the bank. I'm guessing the prices on palladium are going to keep going up like gold prices.
Palladium: $400 1 year ago, near $800 now. palladium price graph/ chart:
http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx
Good tip..I think I'll be on that.

I got a new stove :cheese: .

And, the $2450 included the blowers. They still have another one.

jeff_t said:

Congrats,

It will be nice to have someone else with a King locally to compare notes with!

I don't really use my blowers until it gets into the teens or low 20's.

How is your wood supply looking?

Cheers,Hiram

Hiram Maxim said:
jeff_t said:

Congrats,

Cheers,Hiram

I've got about five cords of oak starting it's third summer split and stacked, two cords of ash/cherry/maple I put up last summer, and about three cords of ash, cherry, maple, and oak I'm working on now. I should be ok.

I live in Milan. Where are you?

So I was poking around, and went thru the bag with the manual in it. The date on the QC checklist was July, 2006 :smirk: . It's been there for 4+ years? I guess I shoulda haggled a little bit.

jeff_t said:
I guess I shoulda haggled a little bit.

That is a very good price for East of the Mississippi. You wouldn't get anywhere near that price here.

jeff_t said:
Hiram Maxim said:
jeff_t said:

Congrats,

Cheers,Hiram

I've got about five cords of oak starting it's third summer split and stacked, two cords of ash/cherry/maple I put up last summer, and about three cords of ash, cherry, maple, and oak I'm working on now. I should be ok.

I live in Milan. Where are you?

Looks like you will be fine and dandy come Fall! :)
West Bloomfield area

So I was poking around, and went thru the bag with the manual in it. The date on the QC checklist was July, 2006 . It’s been there for 4+ years? I guess I shoulda haggled a little bit.

Its still new, thats a good deal, you'll be toasty this winter with that animal.

weatherguy said:
So I was poking around, and went thru the bag with the manual in it. The date on the QC checklist was July, 2006 . It’s been there for 4+ years? I guess I shoulda haggled a little bit.

Its still new, thats a good deal, you'll be toasty this winter with that animal.

He wasn't kidding when he said they don't sell many. And they the weather looks, I'll be toasty this summer, once I get it installed :roll:

Hum... it'll cost me about $225 on gas round trip to get there... To save 1k off my local dealer....
Take out 50 bucks for food... So that leaves me with about $700 extra that I don't have budgeted for anything... How quickly that could change ;d

Pretty sure a king is much too over sized for my house though. I'll be thinking...

Hass said:
Pretty sure a king is much too over sized for my house though. I'll be thinking...

I highly doubt that. Ours sits a few feet from both the couch and the dining room table. With the old stove, no one sat in the seats closest to the stove. This is a non-issue with the King. And, oh yeah, the old stove was less than half the size.

SolarAndWood said:
jeff_t said:

That is a very good price for East of the Mississippi. You wouldn't get anywhere near that price here.

Yup, from what I'm reading that would be a $3200 stove. Also from what I'm reading, its worth every dang penny.

Franks said:
SolarAndWood said:
jeff_t said:

Yup, from what I'm reading that would be a $3200 stove. Also from what I'm reading, its worth every dang penny.

This was the only dealer I talked to, buy they quoted me $3600 for the Princess, $4k and change for the Chinook. I don't know what their regular price would be for a King, but apparently they haven't sold one in a few years. I didn't shop anymore after I got the $2450 price.

Status
Not open for further replies.